Blackjack is one of the best-known card games in the online gambling sector. Every online casino that wants to live up to its good reputation offers more than one variant of “21”. For all beginners, we have explained the rules in detail and selected some guides for the professionals so that you can start well prepared. Even if you've never played before, you don't need to worry – there is everything you need to start. So keep your eyes open and let's go!
Basic rulesAt the Blackjack game, there is always a dealer or bank. The game is played with six or eight 52-card decks. The goal is to score 21 points or get closer to 21 than the dealer we are vying with. Otherwise, you lose the game and its stake. The values are defined as follows:
- Ace – counts 1 or 11
- Face cards – count 10
- All other cards have their face value
The casino Blackjack movesFirst, the croupier begins to hand out a card to the player on his left, continues to the one on his right, and he also deals out a card for himself, all face-up. In the second round, he deals one card to all players, also face up, and another card to himself, but this time face down. As soon as all players have their cards, they start playing. You can:
- STAND – Your hand is now set. The other players to your left still have a chance to improve their hand
- HIT – Draw another card. If your hand remains below 21 points, you can draw more or advertise "Stand"
- DOUBLE – Double bet on one hand. You can say "double" only before you say "hit"
- SPLIT – This turn can be announced when both start cards have the same value. "Split" divides your hand into two hands. For the second hand, you now have to place the same bet as for the first. Then continue to play both hands separately. You can double both hands
- SURRENDER – Some casinos offer to give up your hand. If you think your chances are bad, you can devote the game round. However, that will cost you half your stake
- INSURANCE – You can ensure yourself that the croupier will hold “21” if the dealer's upcard is an ace. If you accept the insurance, it will cost half your stake. If the croupier actually holds black-jack, you win in a ratio of 2: 1, which means you don't lose any money (although you can't beat the dealer)
Blackjack Guide: Step by step instructions
- Place bets – Choose your bet and place it
- Get cards – All players and the dealer receive two cards. The croupier’s first card is an “UpCard”
- Pull or hold – Draw more cards or advertise "Stand". There is no limit to the number of cards as long as you don't get over 21
- The result – The game is over when the players overbought or decided to stand. If the croupier overbought, all players win with a hand of 21 or less